The company was founded by Carlo Botter in 1928 as a small business selling local Veneto wines in barrels and demijohns. It took its first major step forward with the arrival of the second generation of the family. After the Second World War, brothers Arnaldo and Enzo began selling wine in bottles. They boosted the company’s presence on the Italian market and – most importantly – they began a constant process of expansion in other countries. In the 1970s and 1980s, Botter was able to keep up with the growing international market and expand its range. Some of its Veneto wines were now made on the family land in Motta di Livenza, near Treviso. They were joined by other wines made in the main Italian wine regions, as well as the production and sales of grape juice.