Surface area : 176 ha
Plantings : 82% Merlot - 9% Cabernet-Sauvignon - 7% Cabernet-Franc- 2% Petit-Verdot
- AOC Bordeaux Supérieur & AOC Bordeaux
- Vignoble Dourthe depuis 1990
A pedological and geological study was quickly carried out and reveals Pey La Tour exceptional rich terroirs (Limestone-clay, gravels, alluvial clay)
90 individual parcels, planted at a high density of 5,500 vines/ha (appellation average density 3,080 vines/ha)
Exemplary vineyard management, far surpassing the requirements of the appellation, including cover planting between rows, high trellising and extensive canopy management techniques.
The wine: A shining example of an easy-drinking, yet complex, premium quality wine far above its pedigree
Terroir: Château PEY LA TOUR is situated on one of the highest points of the commune of Salleboeuf, in the Entre-deux-Mers area, between Bordeaux and Saint-Emilion.
- Property dating back to the 13th century. One of the appellation’s most exceptional sites. The ruins of the chateau which gave its name to the estate are to be found among the vines.
- A series of powerful families lived in the Seigneurie (stately home) and marked the history of the estate and the regions from the Middle Ages to the Revolution.
- The vineyard, which was always part of the estate, was developed during the 18th century and the chateau became one of the outstanding properties of the region.
- Dourthe acquired Château Pey La Tour in 1990, seduced by this beautiful terroir
There are no products in this section