Regular

Heitz Cellar Chardonnay (2017)

Product Information

Country: USA

Area: California / Napa Valley

Wine style: White

Varietal: Chardonnay

Style: Dry

Alc(%): 13.5

Producer: Heitz Cellar

Serving Temperature(℃): 10

Size: 750ml

9273301
In stock
[Sign in to view price]
Please sign in to buy

This product cannot be added to the
cart because you are not logged in.

PDF Profile Download

Product PDF Bottle Shot Download

Description

Tasting Note 
The grapes sourced from our Trailside Vineyard lean toward stone fruit notes, such as peach, apricot, and nectarine.

The fruit sourced from Oak Knoll vineyard leans toward zesty lemon and lime notes. The rich, ripe fruit character from the warmer Rutherford vineyard combined with the crisp, light acid in the grapes from the cooler Oak Knoll vineyard is what makes our Chardonnay unique.

The new French oak gives the wine vanilla and baking spice flavor without overpowering the varietal flavor. Our Chardonnay is made in more of a Burgundian tradition, rather than the typical California style. The wine does not go through malolactic fermentation, so we do not get the heavy buttery notes.

Alc 13.50%
Serving Temperature 10℃

See region detail: USA >> California >> Napa Valley
See producer detail: Heitz Wine Cellars

Terroir/Vinification

Climate: Mediterranean.
Geology:
Mixed, from multiple vineyard sites.
Harvest:
 Manual.

Vinification: The grapes are gently pressed, then moved into stainless steel tanks, and cold ferment for 2 weeks. After fermentation, 20% of the wine is put into new, tight-grain French oak barrels. (Coopers for the barrels are Frances and Troy.) The other 80% is put into neutral wood tanks and stainless-steel tanks. The lees are stirred every 2 weeks. This process is called bâtonnage and helps give the wine a creamy texture. The 2016 Chardonnay spent 9 months in barrel and receives no malo-lactic fermentation.

Acidity 6.9 g/L
PH
3.15
Residual sugar 0.32 g/L

 

Accolades

Decanter 92 Point!

To purchase as an individual, click here