Tasting Note: The wine is a deep red color. On the nose it is very clean with notes of blackberries and violets. In the mouth it is balanced with delicate taste.
Food Matching: Roast and game.
Grape Variety: Nero d'Avola.
Terroir: The vineyard is about 20 hectares, located at an altitude of 200 meters above sea level.
Climate: Mediterranean climate along the coasts and on the smaller islands, with mild and moderately rainy winters, and hot and sunny summers.
1. Destemming and soft pressing of the grapes adding sulphites.
2. Alcoholic fermentation at a controlled temperature of maximum 25 C for 10 -15 days.
3. Wine drawing and pressing.
4. Wine decanting: the wine is stored in stainless steel tanks for a period of about 10 days.
5. Malolactic fermentation: once the malolactic fermentation is ended, the wine is separated from the deposited lees.
6. The wine is stored in big tanks
7. Wine is treated with Bentonite.
8. Wine filtering.
9. Cold stabilization: 4 - 6 days / - 4° C.
11. Wine bottling.
Residual sugar: 3.1g/l